Step IM Integrated Closed-Loop Stepper Motors
With a superior closed loop control and a cost-effective design, the integrated stepper motors provide an efficient and economical solution for applications that require the performance of a servo at the price level of a stepper.
Closed loop commutation enabling highly dynamic performance
With a superior closed loop control and a cost-effective design, the integrated stepper motors provide an efficient and economical solution for applications that require the performance of a servo at the price level of a stepper. Closed loop commutation enabling highly dynamic performance The stepIM significantly enhances the performance of the stepper motors, when compared to conventional open loop control. The integrated electronics control the stepper motor as a two phase BLDC motor, implementing position loop, velocity loop, DQ current control, as well as additional algorithms. Closed loop commutation, by means of an absolute single-turn encoder, ensures optimal torque utilization at any speed.
Optimal cost-performance ratio for applications that require servo-like performance
- High torque/ low speed – eliminating the need for a gear
- High speed in low torque ranges
- The stepIM can function as distributed I/O points – reducing machine complexity
Benefits of closed loop vs. open loop operation
Integrated components reduce cost, space and machine complexity
In decentralized architectures, wiring and assembly time can be reduced thus enabling significant cost savings for machine builders. Decentralized drives that integrate motor, control and power electronics also free up space and reduce heating in the cabinet. Machine complexity is reduced as fewer components and a smaller cabinet are used.
High resolution magnetic encoder increases system efficiency
With a 12 bit absolute encoder and an update rate of 16 kHz, the stepIM precisely controls the magnetic flux generated based on actual load, ensuring accurate positioning and maximum machine efficiency.
ServoStudio™ for simple commissioning
- Step-by-step guidance through the setup and tuning process
- Real-time data recording and plotting
- Easy integration of servo axes
- Plug-and-play motor and feedback wiring
- Sophisticated closed loop control enhances motor performance with no step loss
- Operates in torque, velocity, and position modes
- Efficient torque utilization optimizes motor sizing
- Integrated design minimizes component and wiring requirements
- Reduced space, installation efforts and system cost
- Fieldbus: CANopen DS402
- Synchronized control of coordinated motion profiles
- Reduced machine complexity, as stepIM can function as distributed I/O points
- Up to IP65 protection class
- Maintenance free
- CE compliance